Forums
Samband Íslenskra Suzukijeppaeigenda :: Forums :: English :: English
Hello from Canada! I want your flares!!! << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: ADMIN, Sævar, olikol, gisli, EinarR, AA-Robot, joolli, edit
Author Post
zuki4x4chick
Sat Apr 10 2010, 03:06a.m.
Registered Member #357

Hello! I heard about you from pirate4x4.

I would say hi from the great white north , but you would laugh!

Here is my truck in progress right now.... .: 2002 suzuki XL-7 , Dana60&70 , 37" tires. I need fender flares. Anyone supply your flares in NorthAmerica?? I need some BAD. LOL

Enjoy!

zuki4x4chick
Sat Apr 10 2010, 03:06a.m.
Registered Member #357

AA-Robot
Sat Apr 10 2010, 03:46a.m.
aa-robot

Registered Member #137

we just get them made here .. small country .. we gotta make our own
Brynjar
Sat Apr 10 2010, 03:55a.m.
Registered Member #26

you could order them form companys in Iceland. would cost to much considering the exchange rate.
gisli
Sat Apr 10 2010, 08:48a.m.
Gísli Sveri

Registered Member #6

Looks promising!
Where in Canada are you?
Sævar
Sat Apr 10 2010, 12:03p.m.
Umsjónarmaður vefsíðunnar

Registered Member #2

Looking very good that XL7, XL7 modifications are still rare in Iceland, probably due their cost.

Ive seen two XL7's on 35" wheels.

And my guess is they either got their flares made at http://brettakantar.is or http://formverk.is
Sævar
Sat Apr 10 2010, 12:05p.m.

Registered Member #2

ps. if you buy a set, be sure to make a cast out of them to make your own design out of the material. I´m sure you could make a fortune by selling them slightly modified to fit more vehicles, I´ve had hundreds of people ask me where my vitara has its flares from, and they´re not that special at all!
zuki4x4chick
Sat Apr 10 2010, 08:19p.m.
Registered Member #357

Thanks for the welcome,.!

I am located near VANCOUVER , B.C. !!

I figured that the cost would be crazy anyways, I should just find a good fiberglass person here.

I'm sure if you guys had one dollar for everytime someone asked about flares huh?

LOL
jeepson
Sun Apr 11 2010, 11:21a.m.
jeepson
Registered Member #88

Hello and velcome to the icelandic suzuki forum it should be cheaper for you to buy flares here in iceland. because og the dollar is higher than the icelandic króna. But I needed flares for a wrangler that I once had. and the kost me 50.000 ISKR that should be around be around 390 canadian dollars
zuki4x4chick
Wed Apr 21 2010, 07:37p.m.
Registered Member #357

I have contacted flare manufacturers and nobody makes them.

We have plans to make our own

For now, we will continue to build the truck, it should be rolling by today. (Coils are being done today)
Sævar
Wed Apr 21 2010, 07:45p.m.

Registered Member #2

It is very good looking, the wide Dana axles make it look more beefy as well, what have you done in terms of gearing? and the engine? suzuki 2,7l?
Tryggvi
Thu Apr 22 2010, 10:12p.m.
Registered Member #356

Hi Zuki4x4chick

You could also try "Bátagerðin Samtak ehf Víkingbátar"
Tel: +354-565-1670 or +354-565-1850
The "+" is for the international out code from Canada, you must look that up on your end. It might be 011 but I am not positive on that.
I got my fender flares from them and they did a very good job. But I have a Suzuki Sidekick Sport. I do not know if they make them for the XL-7 though. I agree with others here that it should not be super expensive for you to purchase items from Iceland because of the VERY week kroner to the Canadian dollar.

Good luck with your project, it looks nice but may I ask... How much do you think it is going to weigh in kilos after everything is done? The Dana 60/70 is really heavy. What gearing (ring and pinion) are you going to run? What engine are you going to run?

Best regards,
Tryggvi
zuki4x4chick
Fri Apr 23 2010, 01:17a.m.
Registered Member #357

The gearing is 7.17 (The xl-7 with auto trans is 5.13 stock)

I will be back to stock power with the 37's :):)

Hey Tryggvi!
Thank you for the information!

Hmm KG's ...

Well right now we are sitting at just under 4,000 lbs.
I would imagine in the 4,500-5,000lb area ..... Ya not really a suzuki anymore. LOL

Engine IS a 2.7 V6 GAS (or you could call it petrol. )
zuki4x4chick
Fri Apr 23 2010, 01:20a.m.
Registered Member #357

Bilstein 7100's we are using

Here is the truck , we rolled it out of the shop.
(I always get told it looks like a truck from iceland. hahaha)

The truck will be running a kicker 2 mated to a toyota t-case with marlin crawler 4.7's

Diffs BOTH have ARB's

The front is a good ride-height, the rear will be lifted an inch or so......!lol

[ Edited Fri Apr 23 2010, 01:22a.m. ]
Sævar
Fri Apr 23 2010, 10:04a.m.

Registered Member #2

It looks very clean and nicely done, and with those humongous axles you can´t really tell that much from just looking at it.

It´s a beast, and the flares will only make it better
zuki4x4chick
Sat Jul 03 2010, 05:07p.m.
Registered Member #357

Hi Tryggvi!!!

Do these people build boats?

I did check out the exhange rate. 1 Canadian dollar is = 6 Kroner

Thats pretty strong buying power.

Did you know if they have an email address? I tried google search, nothing on email or a website.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My truck is almost done, just working on some master cylinder issues. Well trying to find a master big enough to
stop 1 ton brakes in the front and 3/4 ton Discs in the rear.

The exhaust still needs to be done and then we will be doing a shakedown run.

Tryggvi wrote ...

Hi Zuki4x4chick

You could also try "Bátagerðin Samtak ehf Víkingbátar"
Tel: +354-565-1670 or +354-565-1850
The "+" is for the international out code from Canada, you must look that up on your end. It might be 011 but I am not positive on that.
I got my fender flares from them and they did a very good job. But I have a Suzuki Sidekick Sport. I do not know if they make them for the XL-7 though. I agree with others here that it should not be super expensive for you to purchase items from Iceland because of the VERY week kroner to the Canadian dollar.

Good luck with your project, it looks nice but may I ask... How much do you think it is going to weigh in kilos after everything is done? The Dana 60/70 is really heavy. What gearing (ring and pinion) are you going to run? What engine are you going to run?

Best regards,
Tryggvi

Sævar
Sat Jul 03 2010, 05:24p.m.

Registered Member #2

http://www.samtak.is/

samtak©samtak.is

good luck
Tryggvi
Sat Jul 03 2010, 09:40p.m.
Registered Member #356

Hi Zuki Chik

Yes Samtak make boats, they also make hot tubs, custom fiberglas work and much more. I know of people that have goten hot tubs from them and are very happy with the workmanship on them, I am happy with the flares I got from them as well.

The Canadian dollar to the Icelandic kroner should be around 1 CAN to 116 ISK as of the exchange rate at the moment. That is extreemly good in regards to any items you purchase here. I can point out an international forwarding company if you would like that are stationed in New York. They do all import work for Fed-Ex in Iceland and a lot of work for Icelandair. I used to work in importation of vehicles from the US to Iceland some years back and did business with this forwarder, I never had a problem, not once. If you should decide to purchase items in Iceland and need them shiped to you in Canada.

Have you looked at a master cylender from a large Ford or GMC, perhaps even a Dodge. I would imagine that there should be a nice veriety at local salvage yards on those. At least I am pretty sure there are quite a few in the US.

What size exhaust are you planing on?

What are you planing on using your XL7 for mostely? (trails, rock climbing, snow, mud etc...)

Best regards,
Tryggvi

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF